Many of her high-profile cases have been recognized and highlighted by the media. Ms. Yum is also regularly called upon and trusted by Fox News, HLN/CNN, Discover ID, KUSI, Fox 5, and many more to provide legal commentary for the top headline cases.
Prior to opening her law practice, Ms. Yum gained invaluable experience as a prosecutor at the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office. During her tenure at the District Attorney’s office, Ms. Yum was promoted very quickly and she conducted dozens of jury trials. She prosecuted a wide variety of complex criminal matters including Domestic Violence, General Felonies, Grand Theft Auto, Career Criminal, Criminal Street Gangs, and Sexual Assault/Child Abuse. Ms. Yum’s hard work and talent did not go unnoticed as she garnered several accolades including a nomination for Misdemeanor Deputy District Attorney of the Year and Employee of the Month on several occasions.
- Northwestern University, ranked 12th in the country, with a Bachelor of Science in Communications Studies and International Studies
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- While at law school, Ms. Yum was inducted into the prestigious Order of Barristers, a national organization which recognizes the best oral advocates in her graduating class.
- Also, Ms. Yum obtained a prestigious judicial externship with Senior Federal Court Judge Robert M. Takasugi in the Central District of California.
Awards and Accolades
- Super Lawyers 2016, 2017, & 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2015 - which recognizes no more than the top 2.5% attorneys under 40 in the state of California
- Nation's Top 1% National Association of Distinguished Counsel 2015, 2016, & 2017
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Avvo.com Client’s Choice Award in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Avvo.com rating of 10.0 out of 10.0 as a Top Attorney practicing Criminal Defense based upon client reviews and peer endorsements
- American Society of Legal Advocates 2015 Top 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers Under 40 in the State of California
- 2011 San Diego Metro Magazine Top DUI Attorneys in San Diego
- Finalist for 2011 San Diego Daily Transcript Top Young Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Club. This is a highly selective and exclusive organization comprised of only the top criminal defense attorneys in San Diego. The CDLC is extended to members by invitation only and the selection process is based upon fellow peer endorsements in the San Diego legal community.
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Criminal Defense Bar Association of San Diego
- State Bar of California
- Illinois State Bar Association