Questions for Your Defense Attorney
When an individual first consults a defense lawyer - at any stage of the criminal justice process - he or she should ask questions of that lawyer, such as:
- How many cases like mine have you handled, and what were the outcomes?
- What do the charges against me mean?
- What are the possible outcomes for my case?
- What is the process for my case like, and how long will it take?
- Can I discuss this matter with my family members or friends? What if I already did?
- What is a good defense going to cost me? How can I pay?
- What are my potential defenses?
- How much investigation of my case is necessary, and what will it cost?
- Do you have some guidelines about what I should and shouldn't do regarding my criminal case?
At Every Stage of the Criminal Law Process
Anna R. Yum provides detailed and knowledgeable answers to these questions and to all other queries relevant to an individual's circumstances. She is also adept at stepping into a criminal case at any stage of the process, such as at:
- Pre-arrest questioning by a law enforcement agency (local, state or federal)
- Bail or release on the accused's own "recognizance"
- Bail review
- Case disposition conference
- Preliminary hearing
- Arraignment in trial court
- Pretrial readiness conference
- Motion hearings
- Post-trial motions
Talk to Anna Yum in San Diego about Your Criminal Case
Whether it's you or your family member who is facing a criminal law matter, you can arrange a free, confidential consultation with San Diego criminal defense lawyer Anna R. Yum to get the answers you need.